Sunday, August 24, 2008

When the kids are away...

Thanks to both Andy's parents and mine, Andy and I have had the opportunity to spend some time just the two of us lately. What a joy it's been to complete sentences and even conversations without interuption (except for my regular potty breaks, hmm... interesting, it hadn't ocurred to me until now that even baby C is getting involved in the act). Last weekend, Andy's parents took the boys overnight friday and while they got to play in the woods and ride on the 4-wheeler, Andy and I enjoyed a romantic dinner and sunset on Lake Michigan, here in Charlevoix, the beautiful! Thanks so much Mom and Dad Bo! Then this friday, the kids headed to a Beach Bums game with my sister and parents. They had a blast there too! Andy and I ate out again, but we also received an offer on the house that required a lot of discussion and thought and while we didn't get to celebrate our anniversary, having quite as much fun as I had hoped, it was a relief to have the boys in the responsibility of others while Andy and I hammered out a lot of finiancial decisions and potential life changes yesterday. We haven't heard back for sure as far as where we are with counteroffers, but we'll let you know when we know more for sure. Thanks to my parents and sister too for your help this weekend. Even though both weekends didn't end up being the 'getaways' for Andy I had envisioned, because they included doing some work or working through some stresses, I think it worked out that way by design. It was a great reminder, that Andy and I work so well together. We make a great team regardless of the task we face, whether it be a construction project (obviously Andy carries more responsibility as far as that goes) or childbirth (I like to think I can take a little more credit for that load), we come out a stronger team than we started and with a completed project more impressive than I imagined. He knows just how to deal with my crazy emotions when I crack under pressure, as I did yesterday. I'm so grateful to have found my life companion and have rested easy every night for the last 6 years knowing we're in this thing together and that he will do everything in his power to take care of us. As I vowed I would 6 years ago Andy, I live today treasuring the gift of you! Thanks for making every moment of the last six years sweeter by being my greatest encourager. Do you see my goofy hubby's head snorkling in front of the Beaver Island Ferry to the left of center a bit? Friday night in Charlevoix, during our swim date at the beach, Andy took a few pics of baby and I. What an absolutely beautiful place! Are we sure we want to move?
Noah absolutely loves smelling things! He loves smelling laundry deteregant, lotions and shampoos, while we shop. This morning while we were outside playing I turned around to find him smelling the flowers, it was the most precious moment, just him being curious about the world around him, I love it!

3 Comments:

At 8:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's so precious! His innocense is amazing. Love ya sis.

 
At 10:04 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara you two are a terrific team due mostly because both of your first love is the Lord. Not to worry Charlevoix is beautiful primarily because you guys are there and you have an amazing ability to see beauty where ever you are, maybe because you are there where evere there is
Dad

 
At 6:57 AM , Blogger Sheri said...

I'm trying to catch up on all of the blogs I've been neglecting the past couple of weeks.

I am in love with that last photo of Noah!

And you only have 17 days to go and you look that good, Sara?!! Beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home