Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Best Summer Ever!

We've been doing our best to enjoy the best summer yet as a family. It's so fun with the boys being the ages they are now to see them enjoy all that Northern Michigan has to offer in the summertime. From enjoying the natural resources like hitting the beach and enjoying the lakeshore to the biking trails through the woods, we've truly been enjoying every minute as a family. And then of course the festivities...







What a couple of fun little dudes, these two! They make me smile so many times each day, just by being themselves. Noah has gotten to the point that he's talking just to converse instead of just to communicate his needs and it's great to hear all that he's discovering and making sense of. Fisher is very into telling stories right now, they usually start out, "The other day with my friend..." He'll go on to tell us of some imaginary adventure he and his friend had. It's been great to see how just in the past few weeks as I have been thinking more often about the dynamics of bringing a new little guy into the picture, I've seen more and more the boys' ability to play well together and each of their growing independence. It's really a little bittersweet, but something that brings me a peace about all of us embracing the amazing change that will inevitably be ocurring in -oh my, less than 6 weeks. A few days ago as I was wearily trying to corral the boys into the house with hands full of groceries we were barely in the door when Noah said, "Mama, help me take my shoes off?" without thinking about it Fisher said, "I'll help you Noah," and he took great pride in helping his brother! It's at moments when I get intimidated about bringing a new babe into the picture that God melts my heart by saying, "It's my plan for all of you, Sara, this baby is going to bless the four of you in ways you can't even imagine yet!"

I'll be posting soon about celebrating the love of my life...

3 Comments:

At 3:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara you and Andy are great with boys and it is great to see how they are already learning to care for each other. What great big brothers they will be and can hardly waitto see how the 3 Bogard boys take their world by storm.

dad

 
At 9:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

"AMEN" TO WHAT YOUR DAD SAID, SARA.
LOVE YOU ALL
MOMBO

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

you are looking fabulous mama! i imagine you're getting excited to meet the latest bogard boy! hope you're feeling well and getting as much rest as you can. =)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home