Friday, June 20, 2008

What's blooming?

I've gotten into landscaping over the last couple summers and here are a few pictures of what's growing at our house. I even tried growing a flat of flowers from seed, just to kind of experiment and keep me occupied during the spring while I was getting anxious to get dirt under my fingernails. There are buds on my seedling babies but none have bloomed quite yet, I'm so excited! Another experiment for us were some Azeala bushes we had planted on the south side of the house that weren't looking so well. We diagnosed them with inadequate drainage issues and decided to move them to the south side of the house. I'm a little concerned they may get too much sun once the scorching heat of summer hits but so far so good, they look to be recovering!
Oh and one last one of my hydrangea bushes, I think they're a favorite of both Andy and I and consequently, they've gotten a fair amount of our attention. BUT, it's paid off, we have three of them and all three have more buds than we can count and are very lush and green. What fun!
I know that the next owner could not possibly appreciate or feel as excited about the landscaping as I do, but I sure hope they like it.

1 Comments:

At 10:25 PM , Blogger Sheri said...

The top flower photo is gorgeous, Sara! You seem to have quite the green thumb! I, on the other hand, just hope to keep my flowers alive... :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home