Wednesday, April 09, 2008

What's New???

Well since you asked, the boys and I spent two weeks doing daycare for my mom while they were away on vacation. In my mind when she asked, I thought no problem, I'm already making breakfast, reading stories, singing songs, playing cars making lunches and laying two little ones down for nap, why not do it for 6? And in fact maybe it will even be a little easier because they'll entertain each other, right? RIGHT!!! I was in a bit of denial about how stressful it would be, so therefore our first couple days were a bit difficult but as the boys and I found our way into a routine, we all had some fun.

While we were busy in the big city of TC, Andy stayed home pushing to wrap up some projects on the house, and boy did he. In the kitchen I came home to a fresh coat of paint, new countertop, and a new sink. In the office/den new paint, and new crown molding. In the living room a fresh coat of paint on the walls, trim, and windows. He also got new base trim on the stairs and in the upstairs hallway. Then yesterday we got new carpet (I AM SO THRILLED!!!) in the living room, den and stairs/hallway. It's been loads of work and it's now the house we both envisioned when we bought it 5 years ago. Happy anniversary house! There are still a couple VERY little projects that Andy hopes to finish in the next couple weeks but once those are done the only thing left to do is put a for sale sign in the yard. It's exciting to think of where we'll be next but now that the house is what I'd wanted it to be, I'm hoping for a little time to enjoy it. We're not in a rush to sell, just want to be settled into our next house when Fisher starts kindergarden in two and a half years, it feels like a good place to be.

3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

WOW-go Andy!

So now you want 6 kids, right? Ha-right!!

Are you guys wanting to get back to the TC area or are you open?

I've been trying to post a video of Nolan "dancing". It's the sweetest thing...my dad sends him those cards that play a song and the one from his birthday (he's had since OCTOBER) plays "Just to See You Smile"...he loves it! There's also a Christmas one that plays "O Come All Ye Faithful" and he looks like a chior boy, swaying with his songbook! =) Keep checking though-hopefully I'll be able to get it right soon!

Take Care!

 
At 1:30 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

THE HOUSE SOUNDS GREAT. SEND PICTURES! LOVE, MOMBO

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger Mommy of Four said...

SO, is that all that's new? *wink*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home