Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Men in My Life

Happy Birthday Andy! Actually, I'm a couple days late, but I mean it just the same! To celebrate Andy and I had a picnic and some quality adult conversation on the beach while my parents came up to watch the boys for a couple hours for us. It was nice and they say that the boys were great for them. We hadn't tried to give Noah a bottle yet and he tends to be a little bit fussy in the evenings, so I wasn't sure. I guess Noah fussed a little to let them know when he was hungry and then took about 4 oz. of mamma's milk from a bottle like a champ and before dozing off cuddled with Grandma and a pacifier for a bit. It sounds like it went smoother for them than it usually does for us and my dad even managed to get Fisher a bath. I think that Andy had a good birthday- he of course got to decide how to spend the evening; he had been wanting for a while to go to this beach that's about 10 minutes away and down a two track about a 1/2 mile. The two track is pretty hard core, my car came out looking pretty tough with mud half way up the windows. Even though he's a dad of two now and whopping 32 years old, Andy still likes to seek a little adventure where he can. When we were going through the biggest rut I was wishing that I hadn't agreed to take my car, but I have to admit that it was a fun time. When we got home and Fisher saw the car, his comment was, "Car, mess." I should have gotten a picture but Andy washed it for me this morning.

For those of you curious about how Fisher's doing with Noah the answer is great! When he wakes up for the day the first thing he does is find Baby Noah and give him a hug and kiss. Of course there are times when Andy or I are preoccupied with caring for Noah and he gets impatient, but he's never acted jealous of him. I think that may be an advantage of having them as close together as they are, I don't think that Fisher has mentally processed things enough to realize that it's because of the baby that mom and dad have to share their attention now.

And Noah is doing well too- I think he's looking more like his Daddy to me all the time. I weighed him this week and he's up to 10 lbs, so they're very pleased with how well he's growing. It seemed to me like he enjoyed eating a lot, but I thought maybe I was a little biased, but you can't deny the numbers.

I think that's all for now, but I need to get some pictures up soon, so hopefully you'll see something from me again soon.

5 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Blogger Mommy of Four said...

How 'bout you bring that baby to church!...That's even better than pictures:)

 
At 9:37 AM , Blogger Sara said...

We did last weekend and will again next weekend. With it being an hour drive, we are on an every other week rotation.

 
At 3:38 PM , Blogger Mommy of Four said...

I only saw Andy and Fisher last week! I figured you and Noah stayed home! BUMMER!!!!!

 
At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, Thanks for the update. We look forward to seeing you all next Sunday. (But you can post a picture before that if you want!) I need a good one of Noah for the tiny frame on my "family tree"! Have a good week! Love, MomBo

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

Happy Belated Andy!
Glad you guys are doing well...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home