Monday, June 12, 2006

Dadda will be back in a couple days

Andy is working on a house in Birmingham (MI) so he's out of town a couple nights a week each week. You would think that Fisher and I would get used to it (since he started the project in April, I think), but it's just not the same without him here. I really miss him in the early evening when Makita goes to bark at someone walking down the street and then (because the dog's barking) Fisher runs to the front door all excited and yells, "Dadda," with the biggest smile as he waits for the front door to open and his dad to walk through. It breaks my heart to explain to him that his Dad's not coming home for a couple days. Of course he doesn't understand too much about time, but just explaining it to him brings his Mamma to tears. I usually try to distract him with playing something else which usually works. The problem is that I have a hard time distracting myself. It's funny how I start missing him Sunday nights (mind you he doesn't leave till VERY early on Monday Mornings). He'll be home this week on Wednesday evening, so he's only gone two nights, but it's just not the same without him. Thankfully the project won't last forever and he most likely won't be doing anything like this again, so in the mean time Fisher and I (and the new baby for a few weeks) will try keeping ourselves busy while we wait for Dadda to come walking through the door again.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM , Blogger Mommy of Four said...

Anytime Dane leaves overnight, the house gets VERY VERY CLEAN. It's how I distract myself. It's amazing what you can find to clean in an already-clean home!

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger Kelley said...

Aw, Sara, that's so sad!!! Hang in there, woman, cleaning is a good idea! :) Can't wait to see you!!!

 
At 10:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! Helps us empathize with little kids whose daddies never come home, through divorce, death or the military. I think of Mallory and little Ethan in Texas with Adam in Iraq. We need to appreciate every day of good health and loving family, don't we.
Love, MomBo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home