Saturday, July 14, 2007

Then There's Me

I LOVE summertime. I love everything about it I love thunderstorms, hot sunny days, the smell of fudge from the shops downtown, pushing a double stroller, beach sand between my toes, grilling, sunglasses and a healthy glow so I don't have to wear make-up, the smell of sunscreen, swinging in a porch swing, farmers markets, being barefoot, flowers, freshly cut grass, bubbles, sand dunes and sidewalk chalk to name a few. Oh and I am a junkie for parades and fireworks!

I've been having a great summer trying to soak up every minute with the boys. You know what I enjoy even more than watching a parade or fireworks though? Watching my boys enjoy these things- last week we went to the Junior Royale Parade in TC and Noah, my little busy body who barely slows down at meal time, sat entranced by each float and band that went by. Fisher sat on my Dad's lap and waved his little American Flag at anyone who happen to glance in his direction. As Andy and I watched Fisher go around the track of a train ride at the miday I commented to him that I now understood what my parents were talking about all those times they didn't want anything more than to see my sister and I having fun. They would do things for us girls and when I asked them what they wanted to do they're reply was usually that they just wanted to see us happy. I think one time my dad even said, "You'll understand when you have kids." Do you ever have those moments that you just feel so happy or fulfilled that you can't contain it and you can't help but giggle to yourself, that's how I felt when I saw Fisher riding that train, waving and smiling at us as he rounded the track. You were right Dad, I get it now!

2 Comments:

At 8:02 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Sara, I know exactly what you're talking about. There have so many times in the past years (mostly with grandchildren!) when I say to Dad, "It doesn't get any better than this!" But then it always does! God is good, and we are all SO blessed! Love, MomBo

 
At 9:14 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sara, Bill & I just enjoyed your site about Noah so much. He said it is a treasure that we will want to keep. You do a fantastic job with the boys. I am so very proud of you, your are a great mom and granddaughter.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home